+44 20 3579 7542|  info@olivemedia.co

Monthly Archives: August 2015


Ladyboys of Glasgow in asbestos scare

By | August 26th, 2015|

One of the oldest running and most beloved attractions of the Edinburgh Fringe festival has been canceled due to the discovery of asbestos. The Ladyboys of Bangkok have become a familiar face at the Edinburgh Fringe festival, the colourful troop have graced the stage for more than 17 years delighting festival goers with their outlandish [...]

US Talc company pays out $13 million over cancer claims

By | August 26th, 2015|

Judith Winkel was awarded 13 million dollars by a California Court in compensation after developing mesothelioma from her use of Cashmere Bouquet talcum powder. It is believed from her use of the powder she developed 95% of her cancer, the other 5% can be attributed to 4 other bands she used around that time period. [...]

Asbestos claims the life of Irish bus worker

By | August 26th, 2015|

A coachbuilder who worked for Ireland’s transport authority, CIÉ, during the 1970’s died at the age of 67 after developing an aggressive form of cancer associated with asbestos exposure. Noel Sweeney’s remains were examined by Coroner Dr. Brian Farrell, who concluded that Mr. Sweeney had acquired his terminal illness through occupational exposure of asbestos while [...]

Killer dust in UK schools

By | August 26th, 2015|

Asbestos dust still present in 90% of UK schools It is believed that every year up to 300 former pupils of UK schools die from exposure to asbestos dust along with 15 teachers. These shocking statistics come at a time when the UK government find themselves under mounting pressure to deal with the remaining asbestos [...]

Tyre Manufacturing Giant, Pirelli, found guilty of asbestos related manslaughter for 20 staff

By | August 12th, 2015|

The international tyre manufacturer Pirelli has been brought to court and found guilty following the deaths of 20 former staff members. A Milan court handed down jail sentences to 11 senior managers and two former CEOs who sat on the board of directors during the 1980s. ANSA news agency stated that the defendants were issued [...]

Stonehenge becomes asbestos dumping ground

By | August 12th, 2015|

Stonehenge becomes dumping asbestos dumping ground The famous world heritage site Stonehenge has come under considerable attention in recent months over the alarming discovery of illegally dumped asbestos at the £27 million visitor centre. The deadly material found was reported to be the size of bricks and was mixed amongst topsoil used in [...]

Treacherous toys pulled from famous superstore

By | August 12th, 2015|

Toy super store Toy R Us have removed a number of products from its shelves over the discovery of asbestos being used in the manufacturing. A number of children’s toys have been found to contain harmful amounts of asbestos. Testing carried out on products imported from China showed significant amounts of asbestos present in the [...]

The fire, the pig and the courtroom

By | August 12th, 2015|

A man was forced to pay a bill of £25,000 to Cannock Magistrates court after illegally disposing of harmful asbestos sheets along with the carcass of a dead pig. Local Rugeley farmer Dennis Ward was summoned before Cannock Magistrates court over allegations of an illegal fire containing sheets of asbestos along with the carcass of [...]

Notice: Undefined variable: responsive_view_320 in /srv/apps/asbestosawareness.training/public_new/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 205

Notice: Undefined variable: responsive_view_480 in /srv/apps/asbestosawareness.training/public_new/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 209

Notice: Undefined variable: content in /srv/apps/asbestosawareness.training/public_new/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined variable: responsive_view_480 in /srv/apps/asbestosawareness.training/public_new/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 136

Notice: Undefined variable: responsive_view_320 in /srv/apps/asbestosawareness.training/public_new/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 136